Below is the Access Statement for Apley Farm Shop for those with reduced mobility including wheelchair users & children in push chairs
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our customers.
Apley Farm Shop is situated just outside the village of Norton with views over rolling hills and the Shropshire Hills beyond. We provide handmade, local and artisan food in our Food Hall, Delicatessen and Creamery Café as well a courtyard of other businesses – Paint & Create (pottery), Bella’s Gifts, Big Little Things (florists), Scotty’s Animal Park & the Moongate Plant Centre.
Located between Telford (7.2 miles) and Bridgnorth (5.5 miles), Apley Farm Shop is on the main bus route from Telford to Bridgnorth and is approximately 10 minute walk from the village centre bus stop.
Click HERE to see the bus timetable.
The approach is level with the need to cross one busy road. The car park is tarmac & gravel with paved paths. The disabled parking bays are tarmacked.
The approach to the shop itself is level with no steps at the entrance nor throughout the Food Hall, café & playbarn.
We have a fully wheelchair accessed loo for customers. We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01952 581 002 or email enquiries@ApleyFarmShop.co.uk
- For full details of how to reach us, please visit the Find Us page on our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours (TF11 9EF) and that website will offer you travel options.
- The nearest railway stations are Telford or Shifnal which are both approximately 7 miles away. Taxis are available from the station and can be pre booked, please see contact details below.
- The nearest Bus Stop is in the centre of the village of Norton. Please ask the bus driver to stop opposite the Hundred House. There is a bench next to the official bus stop where you can sit while waiting. Please note, not all buses have wheelchair access. For further information, please visit https://shropshire.gov.uk/public-transport/
- The Farm Shop car park is level and covered in tarmac & gravel with paved paths from the car park to the entrance.
- There are no steps to the entrance or throughout the buildings. The front entrance is sometimes propped open and if not, is manually opened.
- Entrance to the site is via the Food Hall.
- We can assist should you need any help anywhere onsite.
- The shop, deli and café areas are accessed with level entry from the main entrance.
- All areas have level access throughout with level exit through the doors to the patio seating at the back of the café.
- There is wide access around shelving in the shop and deli. There is some width restriction in access in some parts of the gift shops.
- We can assist should you need help to reach items to buy or browse.
- The café has a mix of seating with high backed chairs (without arms). Tables and chairs are well spaced apart in the café. Each table has floor to surface height 770 mm.
- Lighting throughout the shop and café is mostly daylight through large windows and patio doors. There is also lighting from LED strips and hanging shaded lights (in Café).
- The flooring is flat tile in the Food Hall, Delicatessen & Creamery Café.
- In the Café, a waiter or waitress will come to your table to take your order. Food and drinks will be served at your table.
- We do our best to cater for dietary requirements with gluten free items always on offer. Please speak to our staff on the day or contact us in advance to discuss your requirements.
- Specials on the day are listed on the blackboards. All staff are happy to run through menus with you.
- We play background music in the Food Hall which is kept at a low volume.
- Customer toilets, including a unisex accessible toilet, are access through a level, wheelchair accessible corridor at the back of the shop.
- The accessible toilet has an entrance door width of 930 mm with level entry from the corridor.
- If you have a motorised wheelchair wider than 930mm, please ask staff for assistance
- The toilet height is 470 mm
- There are hand rails adjacent to the toilet.
- There is a low level mirror, sink and hand drying facilities.
- There is an emergency pull cord.
- There is a courtyard for eating al fresco during the warmer months. This is accessed through a wide side door on a level surface.
- The courtyard is on a slight slope, gravel and all on one level.
- The seating is a mix of chairs with & without arm rests. All seating can be arranged to suit your needs.
- The height of the outside tables is 750 mm
- Customers order at the low level counter in the café with full service to the outside tables.
- Staff are on hand to offer assistance.
- All our staff receive regular training including disability awareness training.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures; accessibility is taken into account as part of our fire assessment. Should you require assistance someone will come to your table and help you with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is available just outside the side entrance for assistance dogs.
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access is available throughout the restaurant.
- We are currently updating our website which we plan to make more accessible. We would welcome your feedback to assist us in this project.
- As we develop our nature trail we plan to make them accessible and again welcome your feedback to assist us with this.
Address: Apley Farm Shop, Bridgnorth Road, Norton, Shropshire, TF11 9EF
Telephone: 01952 581 001
Sunday to Thursday 9:30-5pm
Friday & Saturday 9:30-5:30pm
Bank holidays 9:30-5pm
- Abacus Taxis – 01952 46 20 46
- Link Taxi Services of Shifnal – 01952 46 36 66