Apley Christmas Market, 30 Nov-1 Dec
Try 'Overnight Oats' on frosty mornings
Equine flu outbreak: When booking, please text or email photo of the vaccinations page of your passport, to show your horses are fully vaccinated against equine flu. This is to protect horses of ALL our customers & remains a new requirement until further notice. Thank you for your understanding. (1 Feb 2019)
Please call 07714 74 33 69 with any questions. Do not call our staff at Apley Farm Shop please
Apley Arena is a 50x30m outdoor equestrian surface on the Apley Estate in Shropshire, available for hire all year round for 1-3 horses. It can be booked on the hour or half hour for 1-3 horses.
If you want 1 hr, you need to book TWO HALF HOUR slots !
Text us for the padlock combination code at the time of booking.
There is no lighting, so bookings can only be taken during daylight hours & must be made online. Parking available for lorries or trailers. Easy access. Please respect the one way system. Built in October 2017 by Gordon Pyatt Groundworks with Flexiride complete surface from Equestrian Direct.
£10 for 1 horse per hour
£15 for 2 horses per hour
£20 for 3 horses per hour
Please call 07714 74 33 69 for special / all day / group booking rates, for 1-3 horses for 8-12 hrs depending on daylight
There’s no lighting, so bookings can only be taken during daylight hours
& must be made in advance & online.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE BOOKING or if your chosen slot appears to be unavailable, please call 07771 70 85 07.
Follow TF11 9DR
From Sutton Maddock roundabout (with Shell garage), turn onto ‘Rabbit Run’ (B4176).
After 3/4 mile, take first left to signposted to ‘Harrington & Beckbury’.
If you miss that, there is another 1/2 mile further along, also on the left.
If you miss, there’s another, signposted to Higford.
Continue along lane for 3/4 mile until you see red brick house & farm buildings on the left hand side which is marked Harrington Farm.
Drive down the side of the farm house, keeping it on your left.
Use padlock code you’ve been given.
Parking for arena is on the left (keep away from grain stores).
Follow stone walkway to arena.
Parking available for lorries or trailers.
Please respect the one way system in the farmyard – ie. go in & out by the gateway nearest the farm house.
There is a portaloo in the car park
Built in October 2017 by Gordon Pyatt Groundworks with Flexiride complete surface from Equestrian Surfaces Direct.
We can’t guarantee that jumps will be up as it depends on previous bookings & harrowing (for which they are moved to the sides & corners). All jumps should only ever be stored on the decked storage area & NEVER lifted over the side fences. Please call 07714 74 33 69 for more detail.
£10 for 1 horse
£15 for 2 horses
£20 for 3 horses
Please call 07714 74 33 69 for special all-day or group booking rates
TERMS & CONDITIONS
No need to print, sign & email them to us – just tick the T&Cs box before paying at check out on our tickets page
Booking is essential.
We retain the right to turn away customers at any time & without reason.
By booking with us, you are accepting our Terms & Conditions, listed below:
Apley Arena: Code of Conduct, Terms & Conditions & Hire Agreement
1. All bookings must be pre booked – no turning up on spec !
2. Please park in the allocated arena parking area, keeping as far away from farm operations as possible.
3. The parking area is only for use by those using the arena or watching others using it.
4. Please pick hooves before entering the arena
5. Please leave jumps at 80cm & in the same positions as you find them. Any extras should be put away in the fenced-off jump storage before leaving.
6. Apley Estate does not accept any liability for loss, injury or damage to vehicles, animals, trailers, lorries, individuals, etc., whilst the hirer is using their facilities, howsoever occurring, at the Apley Arena & Harrington Farm.
7. Use of the arena is entirely at the hirer’s own risk. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check the arena before entering to ensure it has been left in a safe condition & that the premises are secured upon leaving.
8. Apley Estate does not insure the rider, your horse or your tack & equipment. You are strongly advised to have in place your own adequate personal accident insurance at all times.
9. No one (especially children) is permitted anywhere on the adjacent farmyard other than the parking area. Children should be supervised at all times.
10. No pets are permitted anywhere onsite – ie. the Apley Arena, its parking area nor on the adjacent farmyard.
11. No picnics are permitted anywhere onsite.
12. The Apley Arena WC must be left clean & tidy at all times & is only for users of the Arena.
13. Spectators must take full responsibility for their own safety & keep away from horses. Max 2 spectators per rider.
14. All damage & breakages must be reported immediately & paid for before leaving site. The hirer will be charged at the new replacement value plus any delivery costs. See end for details of how to report & how to pay.
15. In case of emergency, all hirers are responsible for ensuring they are aware & make others aware of the Fire Exits & Fire Assembly Points, which can be found on the Health & Safety board. Fire Assembly Point is in front of the entrance to Harrington Farm on Madeley Road. Fire Exit is via the entrance gate to Harrington Farm, leading onto Madeley Road.
16. Hirers must ensure they have use of a mobile phone in the event of an emergency to call 999. First-aid will not be provided by Apley Arena. The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford is the nearest A&E, postcode TF1 6TF.
17. Please respect the privacy & tranquility of local residents. At the same time, please be aware our tenants may be in their gardens with lawnmowers, young children & dogs. Please do not disturb our farm workers.
18. All riders must wear protective headgear conforming to BSI standards at all times when mounted, including warming up. Back protectors are recommended.
19. Appropriate footwear & clothing to be worn at all times.
20. No hay or feed is permitted within the arena as it can damage the floor.
21. Hirers must clear the area around their vehicles, the arena & car park from hay, straw, horse manure & litter, which is all to be taken home with the hirer. Manure picking equipment is available by the side entrance. Help yourself to a free large plastic manure bag.
22. Please lock the gate on exiting.
23. We reserve the right to refuse to hire the arena to anyone without giving reason.
24. Our arena is available to hire for a minimum hire time of one hour. The up to date hourly cost to hire the arena is shown on our website, Facebook page & online booking site. Hire is during any daylight hours. Hirers are asked to keep to their allotted time slot. If the hirer needs set-up &/or take-down time, they must include this additional time in their hire time period.
25. Cancellation Policy: Anyone cancelling their booking within 24 hours is not entitled to a refund. Transfers will be at the discretion of the Apley Arena.
26. The arena is suitable for flat work, mounted games, dressage & showjumping but not lunging.
27. By placing your booking, you are agreeing with & accepting these terms & conditions on this & all future occasions that you hire the Apley Arena