We're a Shop of the Year finalist !
Apley Experiences - Courses
British White rare breed beef
Slim Gym meat boxes
Partridge now in season
Pheasant - now in season
Roast Pheasant - now in season
Smoked Pheasant - unique to Apley
The Lady Hamilton range
Scotty's are now closed until Sat 16 Feb - 655kb
Taste our award winning Apley Cheese
Creamery Cafe - meals handmade onsite
Delicious new menus
Get creative at Paint & Create
Locally sourced meat
Big Little Things - Florists
Big Little Things - Floristry workshops
FREE Skylark Nature Trail
Hampers available all year round
Apley Estate supplying Apley Farm Shop
The Great Apley Breakfast
Birthday Parties in Paint & Create
Big Little Things - Floristry workshops
Christmas Events Questions & Answers page
This Christmas Events Questions & Answers page gives answers to many of the most commonly asked questions relating to Breakfast with Santa, Afternoon Tea with Santa & Santa’s Grotto at Apley Farm Shop in December.
Breakfast with Santa questions
- How long does the Breakfast with a visit from Santa last ? Including time for each child to see Santa in his Grotto, we allow 9:30am-12noon.
- Once we’ve finished our breakfast, when can I go to see Santa ? Once you’ve finished eating (c.10:15am), go & find Mrs Claus in the Playbarn & tell her your name. She will then find you when you are next!
Do adults sit down with the children during Breakfast & Afternoon Tea with Santa ? Yes they do sit with them & the adult ticket price includes food for the adult.
- Do babies under 1 pay ? U1s go free but also won’t receive Breakfast or a present in the Grotto. Just pay £5 extra on the day if you want them to receive a present.
Afternoon Tea with Santa questions
- How long does the Afternoon Tea with a visit from Santa last ? Including time for each child to see Santa in his Grotto, we allow 2:30-5:30pm.
- Once we’ve finished our Afternoon Tea, when can I go to see Santa ? Once you’ve finished eating (c.3:15pm), go & find Mrs Claus in the Playbarn & tell her your name. She will then find you when you are next!
- Do adults sit down with the children during Breakfast & Afternoon Tea with Santa ? Yes they do sit with them & the adult ticket price includes food for the adult.
- Do babies under 1 pay ? U1s go free but also won’t receive Afternoon Tea or a present in the Grotto. Just pay £5 extra on the day if you want them to receive a present.
Santa’s Grotto questions
- Does my baby aged under 1 get a present ? No, only children paying get a present. If you book & pay for a slot, they get a ticket.
- What if I want my child U1 to receive a present ? Pay £5 on the day on arrival
- Do babies under 1 pay ? U1s go free but also won’t receive a present. Under 1s don’t need to book so can walk in
- How long does the visit to Santa’s Grotto last ? Each child has a 5 mins slot with Santa.
- Can other members of our family go into the grotto to be photographed ? Yes of course, at no extra charge
- If I turn up without pre-booking online, when can visit Santa’s Grotto ? Walk in visits are only 12:30-3pm
- How many children can go into the Grotto at once ? 2 children & babies under 1
- For under 1s, how much is the optional extra, special price play in Pigg’s Playbarn ? For U1s, it’s £1
- Do children under 2 pay ? Yes, all children over the age of 1 pay £7.95
- Online, how do I add another adult to my Breakfast or Afternoon Tea booking ? Just buy an extra adult ticket in the usual way
- How do I cancel my booking ? Call 01952 581 002 option 3 for the Playbarn or option 6 for the office. Two mobile numbers are on our home page.
- How do I change my booking ? Call 01952 581 002 option 3 for the Playbarn or option 6 for the office. Two mobile numbers are on our home page.
- Can I get a refund if I can’t come ? Tickets are non-refundable
- Is playtime in Pigg’s Playbarn included in the tickets ? Playtime in Pigg’s Playbarn is NOT included in the ticket prices for Breakfast or Afternoon Tea with Santa or Santa’s Grotto.
- How many people are included in a family ticket ? 2 adults, 2 children
- How close to the event can I book my tickets ? Online tickets for our Christmas events will stop being sold 8 hours before the event starts. We then sell the remaining tickets to walk-in customers only arriving onsite at Apley Farm Shop. We cannot guarantee that there will be walk-in tickets available every day.
- Can I take my own photos ? Sure you can take your own. A professional photographer is there if you wish to purchase his photos.
- How many children can 1 adult bring ? Each child must be supervised at all times. We recommend no more than 4 children per adult.
- Must there always be a parent accompanying the child ? We recommend a parent is always present in the grotto with their children. The doors are always open. Santa’s helper will be available to help at all times, but won’t be in your family grotto photos. You can choose if Santa’s helper is present in the grotto or not.