Enjoy having EXCLUSIVE use of our Apley Dog Park where you can let your dog off its lead in this securely fenced area (just under 1 acre). This is suitable for dogs NOT jumping fences higher than 5ft.
During your visit
- All dogs must be on a lead when at Apley Farm Shop. They can of course be let off the lead in the Dog Park
- All dogs must wear a dog collar & ID tag
- All dogs must be microchipped
- All dogs must hold an up to date vaccination certificate
- All dog excrement must be picked up. Dog owners must use the bins provided. Please do not drop any litter at all including cigarette ends
Natural grass surface
It has a naturally uneven surface which may include natural hazards. The field is managed & the grass will be mown
Dog handling must follow RSPCA guidelines
No physical or emotional intimidation can be used
No choking, pinching, sprays or electronic devices can be used
In the UK, dog licences are only required by breeders
Dangerous dogs should be muzzled:
- Pit Bull Terrier
- Japanese Tosa
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brasileiro
- The Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 must be followed. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1991/65/contents
- Please read government guidelines on controlling your dog: https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/banned-dogs
- Click below to read more about UK dog licences & the Dangerous Dogs Act: https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/should-the-uk-reintroduce-compulsory-dog-licenses.html
- Click below for laws all dog owners need to know: https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-advice/laws-all-dog-owners-need-know
- Puppies are allowed 2 weeks after their second vaccinations (c. 12 weeks’ old)
- Car windows must be open if dogs are left unattended
- There is a water point on the grass car park, on the exit drive. Please fill your water container & take it to the Dog Park
- No shade currently is provided in the Apley Dog Park, but there is a small wood & hedgerows nearby
Code of Conduct
- The Apley Dog Park is suitable for dog exercise & training.
- You can bring your own training equipment, but it must be removed when you leave
- No other types of pets are permitted in the Apley Dog Park
- Please respect the privacy & tranquillity of users of the Skylark Nature Trail & its woods. At the same time, please be aware other customers using our nature trail, woods or event field may make some noise.
- Appropriate footwear & clothing to be worn at all times.
- All excrement in the Apley Dog Park or car park must be picked up, bagged up, placed in 1 of our bins or taken home.
- All litter is to be placed in our bins or taken home with the hirer.
- No fires are allowed on the Dog Park
- The 5ft high fences are suitable for small & medium sized dogs. For larger dogs, please call us on 01952 581 002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Safety
- Use of the Apley Dog Park is entirely at the hirer’s own risk. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check the Apley Dog Park before entering to ensure it has been left in a safe condition & that the premises are secured upon leaving.
- Apley Estate does not insure the dog owner, the dog or any dog equipment. You are strongly advised to have in place your own adequate personal accident insurance at all times.
- Apley Estate does not accept any liability for loss, injury or damage to vehicles, animals, individuals, or their personal belongings, whilst the hirer & anyone with the hirer is using our facilities, howsoever occurring, whilst on our premises.
- Spectators must take full responsibility for their own safety & keep away from dogs
- The parking area is only for use by those visiting Apley Farm Shop or using the Apley Dog Park.
- All damage & breakages must be reported immediately & paid for before leaving site. The hirer will be charged at the new replacement value plus any delivery costs. See end for details of how to report & how to pay.
- Fire Assembly Points are in the car park & by the exit gates of Apley Farm Shop
- Hirers must ensure they have use of a mobile phone in the event of an emergency. First-aid is available at Apley Farm Shop. The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford is the nearest A&E, postcode TF1 6TF, phone 01952 641 222.
Terms & Conditions
For further Terms & Conditions, please visit http://apleyfarmshop.co.uk/termsconditions
All ages, all dogs
1 ticket is for 1 adult & 1 dog. This is suitable for dogs NOT jumping fences higher than 5ft.
- Tickets can only be used on the day of booking, but can be used at any time that day.
- The Dog Park is open in line with shop opening times, with last admission at 4pm.
- The Dog Park is open daily except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s Day.
- It may also be closed on selected other days Oct to Jan.
- These will show as being unavailable on the online booking calendar.
The Dog Park is located on our event field in front of our car park at Apley Farm Shop, TF11 9EF
On arrival & before beginning your walk, please collect your fluorescent wristband from the cash till in the Food Hall.
All Dog Park users must wear their fluorescent wristband very visibly at all times.
- Refunds cannot be offered with less than 24hrs’ notice.
- Apley Farm Shop gift vouchers can be accepted.
- Dogs can be let off leads when in the fenced Park area but must be kept on leads at all other times. All dog excrement must be picked up. Dog owners must use the bins provided.
- Please do not drop any litter at all including cigarette ends.
- We are not liable for any accidents or injuries that occur before, during or after your walk
- We reserve the right to turn away customers at any time & without reason.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or voucher
- Apley Farm Shop has the right to withdraw this offer at any time with no notice
- Subject to availability
- By booking a ticket, you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
- I have read & understood these User Guidelines & Regulations, Health & Safety, Code of Conduct, Terms & Conditions
Apley’s Dog Policy
Where they can go at Apley Farm Shop
We welcome dogs to Apley Farm Shop, in the following areas:
- in our car park on leads
- in our courtyard on leads
- on our Skylark Nature Trail on leads
- in our Dog Park (secure field which can be booked for your exclusive use) OFF leads
Where they cannot go
We’re sorry that we cannot accept dogs (other than guide dogs) into Scotty’s Animal Park, Pigg’s Playbarn, our Creamery Cafe & Food Hall, due to the presence of animals, children & food in these departments.
Bag it, bin it
ALL dog excrement must be picked up in bags & put into our bins or taken home. We will have to close the nature trail to dogs if we continue to find dog excrement there.
We have water bowls in the courtyard & a tap in the car park from which you can fill your own water bowls.