Shropshire’s Annual Vintage Tractor Road Run
The Bridgnorth Vintage Machinery Club is expecting between 100-150 vintage tractors to take part in The 20th Annual Shropshire Vintage Tractor Run on Sunday 18 March 2018, starting at Apley Farm Shop near Bridgnorth. The tractor run is only open to tractors, but the club does hold events that cover many different vintage forms of transport.
As part of the 100th anniversary of Furrows car dealership in Shrewsbury, Furrows are very kindly sponsoring this event. In 1918, Furrows only sold agricultural machinery, hence the name furrows (meaning the dip created in a ploughed field).
The club was formed in 1986, to represent a broad spectrum of vintage machinery including agricultural machinery, motorcars, motorcycles, static engines, steam & more. Their members have a wide range of vehicles from full size steam engines, tractors, lorries, cars, motorcycles, stationary engines & lots of unusual collections from the past.
With over 100 members from all over the West Midlands & Shropshire, they hold social meetings every month & also organise various shows throughout the year. The Trimpley Vintage Rally is their biggest which this year will be held on Sunday 5th August, preceded by an auction of anything vintage on Saturday 4th August. The club enjoys a close working relationship with Bridgnorth Town Council & local land owners which they hope to continue with increasing success year on year.
Their members enjoy displaying to others what they have carefully restored, whilst fundraising for many local charitable organisations. The biggest charity they support is the West Midlands Air Ambulance to whom they’ve donated over £80,000 to date.
For those who may like to see the tractors on Sunday 18 March, the route is:
- Apley Farm Shop leave 10am
- Tour of Apley Estate (strictly closed to the public)
- Exit Apley Estate by the Hundred House pub, Norton.
- Through Sutton Maddock on the way to Coalport
- Across the Lloyds to Free Bridge @ Ironbridge
- Turn to Coalport (by Co-op)
- Turn onto Old Railway Line (above Woodbridge Pub)
- Arriving in Bridgnorth via Bridgnorth Golf Club
- Bridgnorth High Street 12.30pm
- Leave Bridgnorth High Street approx 2pm via Whitburn Street
- Low Town
- A442 to Telford
- Further tour of Apley Estate (strictly closed to public)
- Back to Apley Farm Shop approx 3.30pm
For more details, click HERE or call 07739 320 314. Or visit the club’s website by clicking HERE. Anybody with a vintage tractor that might like to take part can get an entry form by emailing email@example.com
For more details, contact www.apleyfarmshop.co.uk/tractor-rally or call 07739 320 314.